3DMark2001 on my comp (OT?)

Started by
5 comments, last by ThamasTah 22 years, 9 months ago
I recently bought a new computer: MSI K7T Turbo 1.4GHz Athlon GeForce2 MX400 64Mb 256Mb RAM That''s it for the important stuff, I guess. Here''s my prob: I only get 750 3DMarks, which is about right I guess: I get +-7fps in the lo-detail car-chase in 1024x768x32. That is less than my friend''s P3 800MHz with Kyro2 get: he gets 1500 Marks and a friend with a 1Ghz Athlon and GeForce2 gets 2500Marks. I downloaded the newest drivers from nvidia.com but this doesn''t improve performance, and it screws up the Advanced Settings window (all kind of garbage on screen, no actual settings anymore). Anybody have ideas? Thanx in advance, Thamas
Advertisement
Did you download and install the detonator drivers (from Nvidia)?

I think, version 12.41 is the latest official drivers.

the drivers that come with the video card aren''t good enough
for graphics rendering.
Game Core
BTW, I''m using a 800mhz Athlon with 320mb ram and Geforce
256. i get 1900+ on 3dmark2001.
maybe, your bios settings aren''t set right.
need to enable fast writes for video, enable 4x if possible.
disable video shadowing.

And, real important, check for motherboards updates.
your motherboard might need video filters and such.

goto-> windrivers.com.
Game Core
Gee, while we''re on the topic...

I get about 1000 on my GF2 MX 32Mb, Celeron 533, 192 Mbytes. My motherboard is an old POS that is only AGP 1x... I suppose I''m taking a hit there...

I''ve actually found the newest nvidia drivers have cause me some problems -- mainly it seems to eliminate a bunch of possible screen resolution settings (all but 640x480,1280x1024,1600x1200)...

Hi,

BGCJR makes a good point: about a month ago I upgraded my computer with a MSI K7T Turbo and a 1.333GHz Athlon (already had a GeForce). I also encountered some problems with 3DMark2001 (meaning it was slow and stuttered a lot); they especially occurred when the computer was accessing the HD. I did a couple of things that helped a lot: first of all I got the newest BIOS version for my motherboard and set everything to maximum performance. Next I got the latest VIA 4-in-1 drivers from the MSI website and they also improved the performance a bit. Finally, the latest GeForce drivers should help too.

The BIOS upgrade had the greatest impact, because it solved a HD data transfer problem.

PS: the MSI cdrom has a few utilities that you can use to download the latest drivers.
Thanx guys!
I''ll try to do those things...
I did the 4in1 driver install from MSI and I now get 2000Marks and a hella lot better framerate.
Thanks people!

(Still need to get the GeForce drivers to work so I guess I can get it to go even faster )

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement