• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
RealMarkP

Is Anim8or actively worked on?

This topic is 3096 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm considering using Anim8or. I require bone animation software it it seemed like it would do the job nicely. However, I didn't see any info on the website regarding how stable it is or if it is being actively worked on. Does anyone know? My other choice is to use blender, but it looks horribly complicated...

Advertisement
It was flagged as popular on one of the sticky posts. It seemed like it can get decent results from the screen shots I saw.

the sticky was made in 2006, there hasn't been any updates to Anim8or(as far as I know) since September 2008

Yea the 3D modelling space sucks

EDIT: looks like there's a Sept 2008 update to the unstable version

Hmm, so I'll forgo Anim8or. It's now a toss up between Blender and Milkshape. Blender seems to have a high learning curve...

Can anyone give me an advantage of using blender over milkshape for creating models with bones, animations, and textures?

Milkshape will probably be a little bit easier to get up and running with and will do just fine for low poly modeling, rigging, and texturing. If you ever want to do anything beyond that though then you're going to have to switch to a more comprehensive package, such as Blender.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!