• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Hakzunlimited

Help with install of OGRE graphics engine to Visual studio C++ 2008 express

This topic is 3178 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey, i have been learning about C++ and i wanted to get started on creating my game ideas. I plan on starting small and then slowly get bigger and bigger. Either way, i have done research about engines for a good 2 to 3 weeks now and i think i have decided on the engine i want to go with. Its OGRE, its a graphics engine but heavily used and easily modified to be a game engine. But as i read the wiki on how to install it, it was not only quite confusing, but also it was using a 2006 version of windows visual studio c++. I have Visual Studio C++ Express edition. Does anybody know how to cleanly install this program. Any tutorials out there that is easy to follow word by word? Thx in advance.

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by Hakzunlimited
But as i read the wiki on how to install it, it was not only quite confusing, but also it was using a 2006 version of windows visual studio c++.

There is no 2006 version of Visual Studio.

Quote:
Does anybody know how to cleanly install this program. Any tutorials out there that is easy to follow word by word?

OGRE isn't a program, but an SDK. It assumes that you have relatively in-depth knowledge of C++'s compilation and linking model. Although you might be able to find such a tutorial, it it likely that struggling through the current instructions you have will be a better learning experience.

Take a look http://www.ogre3d.org/wiki/index.php/Installing_the_Ogre_SDK_for_Visual_C%2B%2B

Should work for every Visual Studio version, otherwise ask the OGRE forum

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!