how do I build a library?

Started by
14 comments, last by Storyyeller 14 years, 4 months ago
I tried that and nothing happened. I also tried putting the dll in the game's directory. I also tried telling CodeBlocks to link to the dll under build options.

Every time, the same errors appeared.
I trust exceptions about as far as I can throw them.
Advertisement
You might be linking to the library incorrectly. Not having Code::Blocks handy I couldn't tell you what file you could copy-paste to get the important info. Perhaps go to the GUI location where you set it up, take a screen shot, upload the image to some website, and link to it here. At least then we can rule that issue out.

C++: A Dialog | C++0x Features: Part1 (lambdas, auto, static_assert) , Part 2 (rvalue references) , Part 3 (decltype) | Write Games | Fix Your Timestep!

Photobucket
I think this link might be relevant
For posterity, from pulpfist's link:
Quote:mx270a wrote:
> Michael Caisse-2 wrote:

>> You need to link against the boost system library also.

> How do I do that? I tried adding #include <boost/system.hpp> to the program,
> but there is no file by that name.

> -Lance

Lance -

You need to *link* the system library. For example, it might be called
libboost_system-gcc43-mt-1_37.so.

See Steven's response which pointed you toward the Getting Started guide.

Michael
Given the naming convention from your file system library, the system library name is probably something like "boost_system-gcc34-mt-1_38.lib".

C++: A Dialog | C++0x Features: Part1 (lambdas, auto, static_assert) , Part 2 (rvalue references) , Part 3 (decltype) | Write Games | Fix Your Timestep!

Ok, I believe I have everything successfully linked now.

I have another question

Is there any reason to use a version with no multi threading support? Why even bother building it? Why not make mt a default option?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement