• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
karwosts

VC++ 2008 Outlines (+/- boxes) expand randomly on their own

This topic is 3178 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This isn't a big issue but more of a minor annoyance, and I'm wondering if anyone else has come across this or know what might be happening. In VC++ 2008 I occasionally like to collapse functions in large files to make navigating between the parts I'm working on easier, but often after I collapse functions they will expand themselves at random at some point in the future, and its quite annoying and distracting. I've tried to find out if there is an exact keystroke or mouse action that causes it, but I haven't come up with anything yet. Sometimes it happens a second or two after I move the mouse but haven't touched anything sense. Usually happens when either the keyboard cursor or mouse cursor is near the collapsed line, but when I try to reproduce the effect I can never quite get it. Does anyone know the explicit actions with mouse hover, clicking, or keyboard strokes that will cause a collapsed outline to expand other than clicking the +/- button? Thanks to anyone with advice!

Advertisement
I have the same problem. It happens when you edit the code one line below the block, but you will see it only when you scroll to a different part of the code and scroll back.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!