• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Anddos

Need help making my spaceship rotate and translate at the same time

This topic is 3264 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ive got a mesh loaded that looks like the wipeout ship from the game , now i would of thought if i did d3ddev->SetTransform(D3DTS_WORLD, &(rot * SpaceshipMat)); it would rotate at the same time i press UP arrow and LEFT arrow but it seems it dosent and its either one or the other, can anyone help? [Edited by - Anddos on December 4, 2009 8:37:51 AM]

Advertisement
rot is the matrix that is set for rotationz, if i press left ot right the ship rotates on its side etc, but i cant make it rotate while its moving , it just stops then rotates

If I had to guess then its something with your keyboard input then. Maybe you aren't buffering your input or one key is blocking the other.

if i set the ship to move on its own by the multipled matrix it does what i want , but never when i am using key press's to move it so it moves and rotates..

I seen you posted this over at Devmaster as well where you posted the keys to move your ship. Because of the way the keyboard is laid out the keyboard won't register certain combos of key presses. I'm sure from the keys you picked that is the problem. If you switch your controls over to the standard 'wasd' I'm fairly sure your problem will go away.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!