• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
LarsKJ

[D2D/DW] Pixel pushing.

This topic is 3182 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I am prototyping a high performance datagridview with Direct2D/DirectWrite, which draws /alot/ of text. This works very nicely but there are one scenario that I would like to enhance and that is when a new row is added in the top of the data. I would like to 'push' all existing rows (content) by a small offset (RowHeight), and only draw my new row at the top. Now I have to repaint the entire render target and this involve as alot of memcopy from system memory to GPU memory. Anyone got a idéa how to this can be done whith Direct2D. I tried to draw textlayout, but as there are a lot of different text this will probably eat up the gpu memory quickly. Regards Lars

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!