• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
evanofsky

Stainless v0.4

This topic is 3249 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Stainless v0.4
Stainless is a tactical multiplayer third person shooter with some strategic aspects mixed in. Check out the shiny new website for an overview of the game. UPDATE 12/19/09: Try the experimental browser plugin! Tutorial mode is now functional. And I still need a level designer! If you'd like to help, I'd love to give you a spotlight on the website, although I can't offer compensation at the moment. Any and all feedback appreciated! [Edited by - et1337 on December 26, 2009 2:51:45 PM]

Advertisement
I'm afraid that the browser plugin loaded as a black page with "Back to homepage" on it and nothing else on Firefox 3.5 on Windows 7.

The video looked pretty well polished. It reminds me of BaboViolent 2, but that's probably just because the characters are rolling balls with guns.

Hmm, looks like the plugin installer was not configured correctly; I made an update that should work. It should redirect you to the installer page if you don't have the plugin.

If it does work, I recommend trying the tutorial; it introduces the different aspects of the game in about five minutes.

And it's totally inspired by BaboViolent 2. [smile]

[Edited by - et1337 on December 20, 2009 10:34:44 AM]

Quote:
Original post by et1337
And it's totally inspired by BaboViolent 2. [smile]

Awesome!

It's redirecting me to the plugin now. And I never knew that Panda3D has a browser plugin version. Pretty neat!

BTW, why not submit an image of the day post?

Edit: Hmm, unfortunately the game is now working but I can't make an account. The link at the bottom of the plugin times out on me. Also, it took me a while to find the make account link, and I was surprised to see that it wasn't on the main page.

Quote:
Original post by Ezbez
I never knew that Panda3D has a browser plugin version

It's in beta right now; hence the "experimental".
Quote:
Original post by Ezbez
BTW, why not submit an image of the day post?

Good idea! I'll post one as soon as I finalize all the online multiplayer functionality. As you discovered, it's incomplete atm.
Quote:
Original post by Ezbez
Edit: Hmm, unfortunately the game is now working but I can't make an account. The link at the bottom of the plugin times out on me. Also, it took me a while to find the make account link, and I was surprised to see that it wasn't on the main page.

That'd be because my dev computer isn't on right now. [smile] See this thread I just posted.

And I can see your point about the "make account" button. When it goes live for real, I'll try and have the multiplayer stuff tied into the home page.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!