Any One Know A Good 2D Sprite Making Program

Started by
12 comments, last by dbaumgart 14 years, 4 months ago
I edited this to make it a little clearer Hi my name is Tanner and I make some indie games and me and my friends have put together a team to make a freeware game website and we have been looking for a 2D artist(Still looking if interested PM me.)but can't find one who will do it for free so we need a relativly cheep program to make are sprites look at little more professional I guess I want them to look smooth and nice not ridged like pixel art so if any one has any suggestions please post them.(I'm not an artist so I don't know what a Bitmap or a Vector is I just need a easy program to use, if any one knows a program that's really good but a little pricey still post.) Thanks Tanner. [Edited by - thegamemaker777 on December 4, 2009 10:35:51 PM]
what does a man gain if he gains the world but loses his soul?
Advertisement
Gimp is a professional quality program, it even has an animation-preview function Photoshop lacks. I assume you mean bitmap/raster sprites? Because it's entirely possible to make vector sprites. But if you want professional-looking pixel art sprites and you can't make them in gimp the problem is the lack of art skills, not the program.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Perhaps you might want to look at Inkscape.
Inkscape is a nice vector program, I use it myself, but it's a problem to make sprites with it because it's not set up to do animation.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

GIMP is my suggestion. I personally don't like vector.
C++: Where your friends have access to your private members
Personally, I like ProMotion by Cosmigo. It's not free, but its pretty nice, and its (at least spiritual) pedegree stems from DeluxePaint, which was very popular in the time of 2D games.

There's also GraphicsGale and Pixel, but I haven't used either of those.

throw table_exception("(? ???)? ? ???");

Thank you guys for helping I downloaded Pro Motion and am playing with it right now seems cool as for inkskape when I bought my laptop I new nothing about computers so I got a computer with a 64 bit operating system so inkskape don't work.
I have a 64 bit computer and Inkscape runs fine for me.
C++: Where your friends have access to your private members
Inkscape runs on my 64 bit vista box, although it does crash occasionally so I have to save regularly. :/

Now that I think about it the error message that comes up says this in not a valid Win32 application nothing about the 64 bit thing but I still don't know what that means.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement