• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

How can i delete a partition on my computer?

This topic is 3091 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey, on my Dell XPS 1530 I have three partitions that came with it. Windows Vista Windows 7(Beta) and Windows Xp and I was just wondering if there is any way that I can delete two of those partition without the reformatting cds? if there is any possible way i would love to know Thanks!

Advertisement
There are Linux LiveCD's made specifically for repartitioning jobs, such as this one. But Windows Vista and Windows 7 both have a built-in disk management tool called ... "Disk Management." I don't use Windows but you should be able to type that into the Search box after you click the Start button (or whatever they call it these days). Or go to the Control Panel and click on the icon named Administrative Tools or something similar, and it should be there.

Quick reference from Google:

http://www.nirmaltv.com/2009/05/12/how-to-resize-disk-partition-in-windows-7/

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!