• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Noob Question: How do I add a GUID to my game?

This topic is 2996 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So in my class we are making an Xbox 360 game using XNA. My group partner is using Visual C# Express, and he can port the code to the 360 no problems. I am using Visual Studio 2008 and I tried to port it to the 360, but I got this error message: The application being deployed has an invalid or missing GUID. Please verify the GUID in the Assembly Information dialog box. I tried Google and used the GUID generator in Visual Studio but I cannot figure out how to add the GUID to the program. How do I do this?

Advertisement
In the Properties folder for your game you should have an Assembly.cs file. There should be an attribute like this in there for the GUID:

[assembly: Guid("5fbce3f2-0712-444b-8ca2-ec19ab7c59ea")]

How did you create the project? The default template already creates a random GUID for you so you shouldn't have to create one yourself.

Must have been caused from all the copying and pasting code I have been doing. Our group is new to subversion so we are still figuring out how to use it efficiently. It seems like a lot of our time is wasted trying to add changes to code that another group member made. I added the GUID and it would deploy, but after it deployed to the xbox the xbox would go back to searching for a computer connection. I think I'm just going to have to create a new project and add the code in.

Figured out there was a bug:

An unhandled exception of type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException' occurred in Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll

Additional information: Error loading "hd_font". This file was compiled using the wrong version of the XNA Framework.

I have the most up to date XNA and I have no clue what is causing this problem or how to fix it.

I guess it wouldn't be programming if it wasn't frustrating

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement