Noob Question: How do I add a GUID to my game?

Started by
2 comments, last by MrMitra 14 years, 4 months ago
So in my class we are making an Xbox 360 game using XNA. My group partner is using Visual C# Express, and he can port the code to the 360 no problems. I am using Visual Studio 2008 and I tried to port it to the 360, but I got this error message: The application being deployed has an invalid or missing GUID. Please verify the GUID in the Assembly Information dialog box. I tried Google and used the GUID generator in Visual Studio but I cannot figure out how to add the GUID to the program. How do I do this?
Advertisement
In the Properties folder for your game you should have an Assembly.cs file. There should be an attribute like this in there for the GUID:

[assembly: Guid("5fbce3f2-0712-444b-8ca2-ec19ab7c59ea")]

How did you create the project? The default template already creates a random GUID for you so you shouldn't have to create one yourself.
Must have been caused from all the copying and pasting code I have been doing. Our group is new to subversion so we are still figuring out how to use it efficiently. It seems like a lot of our time is wasted trying to add changes to code that another group member made. I added the GUID and it would deploy, but after it deployed to the xbox the xbox would go back to searching for a computer connection. I think I'm just going to have to create a new project and add the code in.
Figured out there was a bug:

An unhandled exception of type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException' occurred in Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll

Additional information: Error loading "hd_font". This file was compiled using the wrong version of the XNA Framework.

I have the most up to date XNA and I have no clue what is causing this problem or how to fix it.

I guess it wouldn't be programming if it wasn't frustrating

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement