• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

d3dx9.h more than just a missing file

This topic is 3086 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am currently using DevC++ as my compiler. Initially, when compiling my project, I received "no such file or directory" errors. When I included the folders (Include and Lib) to my directories, I received countless redefinition errors. I am surely lost on this one. [Edit] I also receive the "no such file or directory" with the proper linking and/or #pragma statements.

Advertisement
Without seeing those errors, it is just a wild guess, but did you include the Platform SDK (or whatever is is called now)?
And, do you have a good reason not to use visual studio express? It is far more superior to Dev-C++.

Platform SDK- Is this.. something I can include? Sorry, but I need a bit of detail on that one.

And I don't have a legitimate reason aside from it makes me feel like home. It's like the good ol' days.

I may switch to express.

Anyway- it turns out that DevC++ has its own direct3d headers in its include folder. I should be able to handle the problem knowing this.

Quote:
Original post by chamaera
Ah- silly me. Microsoft doesn't allow Dev to work with DirectX anymore. Visual Studio it is.

Fixed. Once you get used to Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Express (free!), you'll wonder how you ever got away with using Dev-¢++.

Quote:
Original post by chamaera
Ah- silly me. Micro$oft doesn't allow Dev to work with DirectX anymore. Visual Studio it is.
No, DevC++ doesn't support the DirectX SDK. That's like blaming McDonalds because your burger can't be used as a semi-detached house.

I'm using VC++ 2008 Express, but I get similiar error messages like chamaera with DevC++ when I want to include d3dx9.h.

PS: I have DirectX SDK August 2009

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!