• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

everything stopped working?

This topic is 3001 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have been working on a project in Visual Studio 2005 for the past few days. Everything was going great... i finished an initial release and made a backup of it. I continued to refine/optimize the code and the compiler does not complain of any errors or warnings. However, when i noticed something wasn't going write i wanted to use the debugger to find the problem. I stepped through my program line by line, and now visual studio skips over my variables, wont let me step into member function calls, all the char* initializations i did don't work anymore (ex. char* x = "C:\sdfad.afe" now tells me x = garbage) It is just very random with where it wants to pick up execution and i dont know why... so i decided to revert to the backup i made. It does the same thing now have i accidentally done something to my visual studio?

Advertisement
Have you tried a clean rebuild of the project? Do you have any other projects that work correctly, e.g. if you just start a new blank project and do something blatantly wrong, does the compiler complain?

I remember having something like this when debugging something in release mode but with debugging enabled.I think some debug info was generated but was messed up.Are you having this problem in both debug and release configurations?

i did do a clean build, and after a while i realized i was debugging in release mode. Even after i went back to debug mode though it still did it. Idk what i did though but after a while it started working again...

thanks for the input everyone

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement