• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Feoggou

direct3d 9 Lost Device

This topic is 3238 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi! I have a fullscreen d3d9 application, with an image displayed on the screen. if I press alt-tab to switch to another window, and then I try to get back to my application, I receive D3DERR_INVALIDCALL error at Code: m_pDevice->Reset(&m_pres_params); but the problem is that I did not modify m_pres_params structure since the initialization of direct3d (when worked). And I didn't even switch to windowed mode. Can anybody tell me what the problem is and what I can do to solve it? my code: main loop: Code: int CGameApp::Run(void) { MSG msg = {0}; while (msg.message != WM_QUIT) { while (PeekMessage(&msg, NULL, 0, 0, PM_REMOVE)) { TranslateMessage(&msg); DispatchMessage(&msg); } if (FALSE == IsLostDevice()) { UpdateScene(); DrawScene(); } } return (int)msg.wParam; } here, the function IsLostDevice: Code: bool CGameApp::IsLostDevice(void) { HRESULT hr = m_pDevice->TestCooperativeLevel(); if (hr == D3DERR_DEVICELOST) { Sleep(20); return true; } if (hr == D3DERR_DRIVERINTERNALERROR) D3DErrorMessage(hr); if (hr == D3DERR_DEVICENOTRESET) { OnLostDevice();//here I call OnLost on the sprite HRESULT hr = m_pDevice->Reset(&m_pres_params); if (hr != D3D_OK) D3DErrorMessage(hr); OnResetDevice();//here I call OnReset on the sprite return false; } return false; } and here is how I initialized present parameters: Code: ZeroMemory(&m_pres_params, sizeof(m_pres_params)); m_pres_params.BackBufferWidth = m_nWidth;//that is, 800 m_pres_params.BackBufferHeight = m_nHeight;//that is, 600 m_pres_params.BackBufferFormat = D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8; m_pres_params.BackBufferCount = 1; m_pres_params.MultiSampleType = D3DMULTISAMPLE_NONE; m_pres_params.MultiSampleQuality = 0; m_pres_params.SwapEffect = D3DSWAPEFFECT_DISCARD; m_pres_params.hDeviceWindow = m_hWnd; m_pres_params.Windowed = bWindowed; m_pres_params.EnableAutoDepthStencil = true; m_pres_params.AutoDepthStencilFormat = D3DFMT_D24S8; m_pres_params.Flags = 0; m_pres_params.FullScreen_RefreshRateInHz = D3DPRESENT_RATE_DEFAULT; can anybody please help me?

Advertisement
Hi. Are you using D3DPOOL_DEFAULT or D3DPOOL_MANAGED?
If you're using DEFAULT check you released your image before resetting.

Also, is there any further infomation from the DX debug output? (do you have this enabled? Goto Control Panel > DirectX)

Yes, I am using D3DPOOL_DEFAULT.

"check you released your image before resetting" - you mean I have to call m_pMySprite->Release() and m_pMyTexture->Release()? and then recreate them again?
There is a function of D3DXSPRITE, m_pMySprite->OnLostDevice() - should I call this instead of m_pMySprite->Release()?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!