Let Me Steal Your Game Idea!

Started by
5 comments, last by Sneftel 14 years, 4 months ago
Haha, no seriously. If you have a game idea that you want to see become a reality and you're not bothered about money, post it here! If accepted you will become a part of our (unpaid) team and we will maintain contact with you throughout to try and make your dream come true. Genres accepted: FPS, RPG, Action/Adventure, Horror Genres not welcome: RTS, MMORPG, Simulation Ideas not welcome: Zombie apocalypse MMORPG/RPG, space combat/trading, generic fantasy games (elves, dwarves, gold & swords) We're looking for an idea that has replayability and unique gameplay that could be created on a less powerful engine. No crazy Far Cry 2 type graphics. We will be working with an engine which features expansive 3D environments, but the game we're after won't be pushing the boundaries of video gaming. What makes (in our opinion) a good game: Replayability - customisable characters, player choices and vehicle editor type gameplay. Anything that allows you to approach the game in a new way upon completion. Political references - hopefully your game idea will be topical, or at the very least contain references to political ideas. Think Alpha Centauri. Environment - a large expansive environment is a must in modern games, however it needs to be well thought out to keep the player occupied but not lost. We're looking for a map slightly larger than GTA: San Andreas. Setting is up to you. The rest is up to you. All ideas are welcome and we'd love to begin working with you immediately, so please include your email address if possible. == Just to make it clear, this is an unpaid opportunity. Do NOT post your game ideas if you want to make money off them, or do not want to see them produced by a 3rd party. == Synapse Gaming
Advertisement
Are you planning to make money off of the ideas?

Anywho, how much of a description do you want to start off to see if you'll accept it or not?
Are you planning to make money off of the ideas?
Not planning to. It'd always be nice.

How much of a description do you want to start off to see if you'll accept it or not?
500 words? The more well thought out your idea is, the more likely we are to consider it.
Sorry, but you have no idea what a good game is. I see that you just think that some hyped up design elements would fix everything. They will not.
Quote:We're looking for an idea that has replayability and unique gameplay

That simply proves it. If you think huge worlds and political ideas are unique or interesting to receive all the time in a game, you got it all wrong. Political ideas get annoying quite fast (GTA4 did a "good" job on this - I simply hated every radio station there is and I hated the plot too). And huge game worlds are simply.. too overused. Where's the good old Splinter Cell - style games that gave us a quite small but well thought-out level and loads of fun when we explored it?

I'd suggest you to learn game design first. I assume if you knew it, you wouldn't be asking here for game ideas to implement. It's simply much harder than you think.
@Snake - If you hated any of the Grand Theft Auto games, then your input isn't exactly the type we're looking for. Despite your personal grumblings, GTA IV is a hugely selling game.

As for why we're looking for game ideas ourselves, sometimes you find a gem amongst the rubble. I've posted on several game development forums in the aim of finding a great idea to work on.
I really do think the title of your post Let Me Steal Your Game Idea! is very fitting as that seems to be your only goal. If you have enough expertise to make any game suggested then you should know how to create the game you want with the replay ability and the political overtones you want, along with a sandbox world.

Saying that you have posted this on many game forums only further shows you are willing to go to any lengths to steal unsuspecting peoples ideas, repackage them as yours and try to make a profit, that being said if you can actually deliver in the programming.

If you want to be a game designer and want credibility in doing so, scrap this crap of taking others ideas, come up with something original and DELIVER.

And for the record there is already a company called Synapse Gaming. It is time to think of a new company name too.
Quote:Original post by Drimitz2k9
I really do think the title of your post Let Me Steal Your Game Idea! is very fitting as that seems to be your only goal. If you have enough expertise to make any game suggested then you should know how to create the game you want with the replay ability and the political overtones you want, along with a sandbox world.
The hell? Look, there's a lot of people who jealously guard their magnum opus of a game idea because they're convinced it'll make them a millionaire. There's a lot more people who just have a cool idea and would be very happy to see it become a reality, given the drastically small odds of that actually happening. If you're in the former group, you probably don't need to post in this thread. Actually, let me make it more clear: Don't post.

That said, xSynapse, this posting is a lot more appropriate for the Help Wanted forum. I'll close this one; take a look at the FAQ and the stickied threads in the Help Wanted forum, then make a post there. Good luck!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement