Reaper v3.1415

Started by
3 comments, last by lesny_troll 14 years, 4 months ago
Hey guys, Recently I downloaded a trial of Reaper and was very impressed with it. Sonar Producer 7 was really starting to lag in performance and having Reason 4 rewired along with several Dimension patches and some East West samples loaded in was causing major audio drop out problems and headaches. I had the latency settings positioned appropriately but Sonar was just a resource hog and I was tired of dealing with the headaches I've come to know very well over my past 9 years of working with Cakewalk's apps. With exactly the same CPU, ram, software and hardware Reaper was able to perform these tasks without fail. I've only been using it for about three days now but I've been able to learn the program very quickly and have been impressed with how it performed and it got me back to my job: making music and audio. I was so impressed that I purchased a license and am now considering using this for when I'm having to produce audio on a PC.... which is a necessary evil in itself... but alas I don't have the funds right now for a Mac Pro. Wish I did! Reaper isn't perfect and the company and program is somewhat young still. Reaper's now up to its 3rd version and while there is still some polish and tweaking to be made, they've made a VERY powerful and useful program. So if you're on a PC and you haven't tried Reaper yet, give it a shot! I'm glad I did. Thanks, Nate PS- I promise I don't get any royalties, benefits or perks from leaving a post like this. Wish I did... but I just wanted to get the word out and throw in my support for this program.

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Advertisement
I agree.I bought Sonar 8.It is too complicated,got problems with video,and workflow is hampered by its not so good looking interface.There have been some improvements but not much.Half of the time i found myself tweaking the interface.

Reaper works very well and consumes almost no PC resource.I've never tried rewire but i've found it very stable.Plus its free for evaluation.It does feel a bit alien when you switch from another DAW to reaper and it took me a while to set up multi timbral instruments ,EW Play in particular.But now everything works great.

Its on Mac too ! So cross compatible.Got ADC as well.
-Music Composer-http://www.wavestation.us
ive used reaper for a while now and am also very happy with it.

its very easy to use, powerful if you want the power, and seems to be very cpu and memory efficient.

its good software (:
Yeah, somehow I thought it was only PC but then I found it was for both Mac and PC. Score!

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

I'm using Reaper too. Personally I like Ableton Live and Samplitude more, but these are much more expensive than Reaper. Reaper has one big advantage to other DAWs - you can buy uncommercial/small bussiness license and you will acquire full application without any restrictions for 1/4 of commercial license price.

Well, Reaper for Mac was not quite usable up to version 3.00, there were many problems, unstability, less functions etc., but now it should be OK ( I don't work with Mac, so I can't try it... only read it on Reaper forums)
-----------------------------http://myspace.com/pliaga

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement