about Tutorial 36 -AVI-

Started by
9 comments, last by Integer 22 years, 8 months ago
Hey, The new Tut is very cool. But what is if the AVI has sound. The sound wont be played. So my question is how i can add the sound of an avi.
Advertisement
I don''t think te avi format supports sound. I could be wrong. why not just use DirectSound or something like that to play you sound?

HHSDrum@yahoo.com
Polarisoft Home Page
My HomepageSome shoot to kill, others shoot to mame. I say clear the chamber and let the lord decide. - Reno 911
That isnt a good idea. Probably you misunderstood me. I mean I hav an AVI with sound. And with this procedure you only see the video, but cant hear the sound.
I have my code routines for DirectAudio done... I''ll work on getting an .avi to play sound, and maybe put a spot for it in my next tut.

------------------------------
Trent (ShiningKnight)
E-mail me
OpenGL Game Programming Tutorials
Well, that would be cool
You remember that part where you tell the avi sys you want the video stream? Well, in a similar fashion you would ask for the sound stream . Look in msdn.

L8r,
The Rainmaker
I''ve got it playing sound.

However, I need to sync the sound & video together. I''ll post it a bit later, after some sleep (5:30 am
cool
would be great, thx

cool
would be great, thx

http://www.geocities.com/routerx/lesson36.zip (30kb)

You''ll need to supply the AVI yourself, they''re too big to download off geocities.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement