Heap Corruption

Started by
2 comments, last by Zahlman 14 years, 4 months ago
Hiya, I've started getting a breakpoint in my game when it is closed, along the lines of: HEAP[GameCode_d.exe]: HEAP: Free Heap block 1b7f08 modified at 1b7f8c after it was freed This is coming from about 15 calls into ntdll.dll - it happens when I call std::ifstream::close(). I'm using VS2008 - Does anyone know how I can find out what was at 1b7f8c? Some kind of memory viewer would be really helpful :) Cheers
Advertisement
The disassembly window shows disassembled memory. If the error occurs in a dll, you'll more likely be interested in the first address, which may be a variable you new'd, then free'd then tried to modify.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the forums for everyone's benefit, and I can embarrass myself publicly.

You don't forget how to play when you grow old; you grow old when you forget how to play.

Thanks for your help.

I'm downloading the symbols for the OS as well, hopefully together with the dissassembly view I can figure it out :)
How big of a project is this? Does the error occur consistently (i.e. do you know how to reproduce it)?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement