• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

HLSL simple shader to draw lines ?

This topic is 3003 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi using xna/c# i have several pixel shaders that perform stuff like grayscale/invert and so forth they all write to a rendertarget and the final texture is put to an object, this works well and fast, but what i am looking for is some shader code that is able to write pixel thin lines in a pattern i.e say Snowflakes/binary tree/von koch initiator basicaly patterns with adjustments to the varables is there any way to do this just simple code to write a line would be a start i have looked everwhere. here is my basic template.

// Default Variables
sampler TextureSampler : register(s0);

// Variables

// Methods
float4 Shder(float2 Tex : TEXCOORD0) : COLOR0
{
    float4 Color;
    Color = tex2D(TextureSampler, Tex.xy);
    return Color;
}

// Techniques
technique
{
    pass pass0
    {
        PixelShader = compile ps_2_0 Shder();
    }
}

[Edited by - cosmo909 on December 6, 2009 1:56:37 PM]

Advertisement
Hi,

Hmm...not sure since I always use dx9/c++ but can't you just use a standard texture shader and use the xna/c# equivalent of IDirect3DDevice9::DrawPrimitive with the parameter D3DPT_LINELIST or D3DPT_LINESTRIP ?

I'm not too certain here as I am not sure what exactly you want to do have no experience in xna/c# and if what I wrote really applies to it.

^_^

hi Zaph-0

yes D3DPT_LINELIST does exist in xna it is an idea and in some ways would be easier to first construct texture to a rendertarget then
render the shape/pattern i want over the top of that with the linelist then use gettexture() on that it could work.

just i was hoping i could keep it all in the shaders :).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement