Looking for tetris created on C, not c++.

Started by
12 comments, last by szecs 14 years, 4 months ago
"You get a cookie" taken literally would mean that he wants to give you a cookie (being a baked good that is flat, circular, and often chewy with something optional added like pieces of chocolate, raisins, nuts, or other bits of things added for flavor) as a reward for your help.

Given that he is not going to literally give you a cookie the meaning would then become something like "I'm not going to actually give you a cookie, but what you did was great and it would be worthy of a cookie if there was a reasonable way of me getting one to you without having to go terribly out of my way".

C++: A Dialog | C++0x Features: Part1 (lambdas, auto, static_assert) , Part 2 (rvalue references) , Part 3 (decltype) | Write Games | Fix Your Timestep!

Advertisement
Quote:Original post by _fastcall
Unfortunately, in C, there's no boolean type; replace with int, and return 0 and 1 in place of false and true respectively.

Huh? Every C compiler I've used since the early 90's has had a bool type. I despise C++ and have only written C code. Only recently have I begun to use C++ compilers (mainly due to the fact that there are no good straight C compilers anymore), although I still write code in C. Never had a problem with bools.

No, I am not a professional programmer. I'm just a hobbyist having fun...

Quote:Original post by maspeir
Huh? Every C compiler I've used since the early 90's has had a bool type.
bool wasn't introduced into C until the 1999 standard. It may have been available before then as a non-standard compiler extension.
Quote:Original post by nobodynews
"You get a cookie" taken literally would mean that he wants to give you a cookie (being a baked good that is flat, circular, and often chewy with something optional added like pieces of chocolate, raisins, nuts, or other bits of things added for flavor) as a reward for your help.

Given that he is not going to literally give you a cookie the meaning would then become something like "I'm not going to actually give you a cookie, but what you did was great and it would be worthy of a cookie if there was a reasonable way of me getting one to you without having to go terribly out of my way".
Cookie meant rate points in this case. But thanks for the definition of the "cookie" :P

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement