• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
vcGamer

depth buffer problem

This topic is 3173 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi friends I'm coding in Visual Studio 2008 (C#), and MDX, I've a problem in depth buffer, I want to perform a zoom-in operation on my earth globe, and as I've previously set my near plane as 1.0f I cannot view objects closer than 1, but I HAVE TO perform zoom-in operations in order to view details on the globe, what can I do? I decreased near plane to 0.01f, then I could view my details but the whole scene was not visible until I zoomed-in, it seems that my depth range is destroyed, what is happening? how can I solve it? any help is appreciated

Advertisement
Weird, what is your far clip set at?

I suppose you could also lessen the FOV to perform a zooming in of sorts rather than move the camera in.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!