• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
LTG

Here's a SlimDX sample

This topic is 3266 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I wrote a sample that was one step up from colored triangle and did a quad texture, which I thought would be helpful for others. I offered it to the SlimDX team and they declined to included it or link to it from their web site. If they didn't like something I would have changed it, so...don't understand that. Anyway it can be found here: http://lee.hdgreetings.com/2009/03/directx-10-and-net-a-simple-example.html Lee

Advertisement
I can't find any record of you having submitted this sample to us. Regardless, we're reworking our sample situation currently, so don't take a non-inclusion as an indication of disapproval on our part. We're looking into a system for our website that will allow user contributions, but it's slow going and our resources are already spread quite thin.

I understand not having enough resources and being stretched thin because I'm in that boat and would never criticize a fellow developer for that.

What I can't comprehend is why not do the following until you have time to do what you want?

1) Create the simplest text only web page called "SlimDX Community Samples", and just have a list of links to user contributions. We don't care if it's pretty.

2) If you don't have the 30 minutes to do that, no problem - I'm sure lot of people in the community would create and maintain such a page for you (I'd do it if no one else would).

Regards,
Lee

Quote:
Original post by Mike.Popoloski
I can't find any record of you having submitted this sample to us. Regardless, we're reworking our sample situation currently, so don't take a non-inclusion as an indication of disapproval on our part. We're looking into a system for our website that will allow user contributions, but it's slow going and our resources are already spread quite thin.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!