• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
digits

Unity creating a fps with visual basic

This topic is 3178 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everybody. we are new in this community. we wonder to know if it could be possible to create a First person shooter using visual basic and direct x ? is there anyone who already started something like that ? Thx

Advertisement
Yes it is, Visual Basic allow you to use any libs like any other language. The question is, why would you want to do that? It's just like taking the hardest way on purpose.

Well, it certainly can be done. I'm not aware of anyone who is currently working on such a project, however. The general consensus seems to be that languages like C++, Java, and Python are better suited to games development than Visual Basic.

If you're new to games development, could I suggest Python as a starting point instead of VB? Even if you have a basic understanding of VB, I promise that Python is easy to learn and will be much more likely to have good resources available for learning games development!

Thanks all.
we'll start to experiment with Python. we're not really new to game development. we currently work with VB and GML (game maker language). Thank you again.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!