Advice needed on privacy policy.

Started by
1 comment, last by Claws_ 14 years, 4 months ago
To help you help me: IcePets.com does allow users under the age of 13, but does not allow them access to any communications features. That brings a whole lot of COPPA standards to follow, correct? --------------------------------------- -IcePets.com Privacy Policy- Here at IcePets we want to keep your information private & safe. No staff member will ever release any private information such as your email to any other user. Admins are the only members of IcePets who can view personal information, such as your email address, & will never release that information. Your username, country, name & age (If wanted) is the only personal information all other registered users can view. IcePets will never sell your email address to any advertisers or companies. We use your email address to give you warnings if a policy is broken, for registering issues, for prizes, etc. We will NOT as for information such as a phone number, address or other personal information because we will not be contacting you except by form of email for account specific issues. To remind our users; IcePets staff will NEVER ask for your password in a private message or email for that manner. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, ( NetworkAdvertising.Org ).
www.IcePets.com
Advertisement
Hi Claws_,

you can find most of the requirements for COPPA compliance here. But if you have specific questions not covered there let me know. If you collect the e-mail addresses of kids under 13 even for internal uses only (e.g., if you collect them for registration) you will have to provide a method for obtaining parental consent.

Best,
Mona
~Mona Ibrahim
Senior associate @ IELawgroup (we are all about games) Interactive Entertainment Law Group
Tons of useful info there. I appreciate the help, madelelaw.
www.IcePets.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement