IcePets is giving out beta codes

Started by
6 comments, last by Claws_ 14 years, 4 months ago
IcePets is a virtual pet site. It's a browser based game and is free to play. We've been in development since Feb 28th of 2009 and are expected to open Jan 2nd 2010. We could really use your help in locating bugs so we can get them fixed before opening. If you're interested, please post here and I'll get you a unique beta code to register with. What IcePets has to offer: -400+ items to collect, feed to or play with your pet, use to unlock special features, read to your pet along with full stories to read yourself, -2 flash games, 1 php game, 2 spin wheels, and a weapons quest. http://www.icepets.com/arcade/index.php -Main shops to attempt snatching that profitable item. http://www.icepets.com/world/glacies_index.php -User shops to sell your items. -5 pet species to choose from. -...and a whole lot more. What to expect over the next month: -2 more flash games -Space Quest -Progressive status trophy -Daily organized news updates -and plenty more [Edited by - Claws_ on December 9, 2009 2:38:02 PM]
www.IcePets.com
Advertisement
Looks very much like Neopets, why should people choose your game instead? What are you doing better?
Quote:Original post by Haladria
Looks very much like Neopets, why should people choose your game instead? What are you doing better?

Never been faced with that question before, really difficult to answer.

We have a very friendly staff that is here for the players. That's something an automated response system can never beat.
www.IcePets.com
Allow me to help :0

IcePets.com is going to be released within 3-6 weeks!!!

Want to play & see what we have to offer?

View the screenshots below!

icecubes.png
shopstockss.png
icepetsmap15.png
7e98bab0da9891c730e9d0492ed95882.png

Check us out at
http://www.icepets.com
If you want a BETA code... The first ten & ONLY the first ten will get a beta code to have full access to our site so far :).

Please POST HERE or PM me
I'll post when we run out!

Thanks a ton
Michael
I find this project rather hard to think of as being successful if you've never asked yourself what you've got better than the games your game is most alike.

In my head, that's the first question many people should ask themselves. "What will make my game better than my competition's game?"

Sure it's fun to fun creating a game. But if it's an online community-like game. If your game can't offer what your competition can and your competition has most of the people..they're not even going to glance at your game.

Friendly staff and client service isn't a big turn on for a game like this. If the user's going to need help, they're just going to leave. They won't bother asking for help.

When service is needed is if the client's paying for the game/service in which case it turns into customer service which is a good basic necessity.

BUT! Maybe this game could work. :] I wish you luck though, mate!
Quote:Original post by RFarns
I find this project rather hard to think of as being successful if you've never asked yourself what you've got better than the games your game is most alike.

In my head, that's the first question many people should ask themselves. "What will make my game better than my competition's game?"

Sure it's fun to fun creating a game. But if it's an online community-like game. If your game can't offer what your competition can and your competition has most of the people..they're not even going to glance at your game.

Friendly staff and client service isn't a big turn on for a game like this. If the user's going to need help, they're just going to leave. They won't bother asking for help.

When service is needed is if the client's paying for the game/service in which case it turns into customer service which is a good basic necessity.

BUT! Maybe this game could work. :] I wish you luck though, mate!

The community aspects are one of the most important aspects of a game like this. If you were to run a poll on what keeps them playing a pet site, the majority would say friendly staff and community...others might say flash games and quests. A friendly staff and community is something Neopets is unable to offer. Responses are automated. Accounts are frozen by an inaccurate automated system. What the users want is of no importance, their word means nothing. Staff work in their cubicles in an office and never have any personal interaction. The community is rude and unwelcoming.

And about whether users would leave, I have talked to every single beta tester recently allowed in (40 or 50) and have never seen one person disappointed in what they see on IcePets. The majority come back and spend hours daily to better their accounts.
www.IcePets.com
Seems like a great idea to me!

Congrats on the release!

I'm wondering why you put a google link on your page. Won't your users find that distracting?
Quote:Original post by jrjellybean
Seems like a great idea to me!

Congrats on the release!

I'm wondering why you put a google link on your page. Won't your users find that distracting?

Thanks, jrjellybean!

I'm confused though, where do you see a link to google?
www.IcePets.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement