• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
jwezorek

Getting a Win32 app to use XP-style controls with VC++ Express

This topic is 3178 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm writing a Win32 app that I would like to use XP-style common controls. I'm using VC++ 2008 Express edition. I followed the instructions here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms997646.aspx Actually, I'm currently just putting the manifest file in the directory where the .exe is and not trying to embed it in a resource yet. However, when the manifest file is there I'm getting a DLL error at runtime: "The application has failed to start because MSVCP90D.dll was not found. ..." There is no error if I remove the manifest. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? ------- addendum ----------- I gave up on trying to stick the manifest in the directory with the executable. Now, I'm doing exactly what this guy is saying, here: http://www.go4expert.com/forums/showthread.php?t=754 There are no compilation or runtime errors, but controls don't look any different. I can tell its actually building the manifest into the exe because if I change the manifest's filename I get a build error, so this is supposed to be working... WTF? [Edited by - jwezorek on December 8, 2009 4:17:54 AM]

Advertisement
If anyone cares, I figured it out. You have to add the manifest to your source tree, reference it in the resource .rc file, and then do a "clean solution" before you build. Otherwise, it won't rebuild the embedded manifest that VC++ is generating on builds.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!