Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

voodoo

Problems getting my first app to work.

Guest Anonymous Poster
It could be the 3d drivers if it really says "oodoo" driver....

If that's just a typo make sure your also selecting HAL mode for the vodoo video card.

Gary

Ok, I just received PR 3.0 and I installed it.

I have VC++ 5.0. I made sure that I put the proper include and lib directories in VC++ options.

I started a new win32 app project and I added the following file to the project: devdlg.c, devdlg.rc and winutils.c. I also have made sure that under project in the link section I have all the necessary lib files ddraw.lib dinput.lib dxguid.lib pr.lib prgui.lib winmm.lib then what I did is was created my own c file and copied ex02 exactly as is!

The app compiles fine no erors.

Here is the problem.
I run the app and I get the 3d Device configuration box....
I have to video cards an ATI Xpert @ Play and 3D blaster Voodoo2.

Now if I leave the direct Draw driver to Primary Display Driver and click start I getthis msg"Software rendering is not supported by power renderer 3.0"

If I go choose my Voodoo2 driver the first thing I notice also is that instead of saying Voodoo2 Directx6 driver (fxV2) it says odoo2 Directx6 driver (fxV2), So when I click on that driver I get "DirectDrawCreate Failed"

You guys have any ideas.

Problem was fixed! Thanx anyways.

The problem was compiler configuration.

I had to byt aline the structures in the project settinsg and also add the MSDD define ine the settings.