Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zcythe

Game source

Do anyone know where you can download the source code for a DirectDraw game? I would really like to see how a game works. I''ve made parts of a game but I can''t put them together.

Well.. the GD Showcase (link at the top of the page) would be a good place to start

Mine is called Invasion: Wave Two, download that if you want. Other than that, I''m sure a whole lot of the programs up there use DirectX...

Good luck!

I also been looking for a 2d game engine (source code using VC++ and directdraw 7), with little luck (all the crazy are 3d and isometric engine, not good if your are just starting).

I got a 2d shoot-em up engine which is not on the web so if you like, I can email it to you (not a good game but you can learn alot from it).

if you find any 2d code as well....please let me know.. thanks

GliTcH.

If anyone wants to check out my first attempt at a flexible 2D engine then head on over to Spiffy Software. Look under GameApp or just download it now (source included of course). It also includes the source to a short rpg-like grammar game that I used for one of my english projects.

I also have a resource editor (ResEd) for the file types that gameapp uses. It may help some too--although I don't have the source for it up yet if anyone wants to take a look at it I'll put it up there too.

Have fun and good luck.

Tim Wright

Spiffy Software

Edited by - Tim the Enchanter on July 27, 2001 3:50:08 PM