Transparent foreground ?

Started by
1 comment, last by Boltimus 22 years, 8 months ago
Hello everybody, I was wondering... what technique is it called when you create a background image and then create a foreground image that is semi-transparent (i.e. like glass sorta, you can see the foreground but also the background throug it) ? Also where is a good place to learn more about how to do this? thanks all!! ~ Boltimus ~
~Bolt"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible." This I did...
Advertisement
Alphablending...There is a tuturial about that right here on GameDev..If you are doing 2D then keep in mind that it is VERY slow..Don´t overuse it..
-------------Ban KalvinB !
Thanks !

~ Boltimus ~
~Bolt"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible." This I did...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement