Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shawn

Are 16 bit textures supported ?

I think the terrain looks fabulous, I was wondering more about just being able to load flares/gui/model textures as jpegs into the .prl pak file. I only want to support hardware in my game so I am using the TEXTURE_ARGB_1555 api command, is this ok ? Is there a tutorial on how multitexturing is supposed to work in conjunction with games in PR ?

Thanks

Shawn

In PR3 you can load jpegs anywhere (from within a wgtlib file if needed).

For most textures you'll want to use RGB_565 unless you need color keying, and then you'd use one with alpha bits.

Multitexturing can be set up without any programming. You need to use the setstage utility to set up the UV coordinates for the additional textures, then use editmat to assign the multitexture rendering method and textures for each stage.

The two common uses are for detail textures and environmental effects. For instance adding a phong highlight or reflection.

If you want to use lightmaps you have to set up the texture coordinates through code and the lightmap example shows how to do that.

Finally, there is a file in the main \pr30 directory called multitex.txt which explains the process for setting up a multitextured object.

Chris