[Resolved] Can anyone test my game game please?

Started by
13 comments, last by pseudobot 14 years, 4 months ago
Quote:Original post by pseudobot
I am just getting back into Game developing. There was a point I stopped after getting extremly fustrated with Visual C++ and it's runtime librarys. Seems that I have a fix for it after all, but can't test it (my comp has VS installed so all the dll's are installed too).
It appears that your fix is to copy the runtime DLLs into the executable's own directory. What you should ideally be doing is to write an installer (e.g. using Inno Setup) that bundles the Visual C++ Redistributable Package (I assume you're using Visual C++ 2005?) which it extracts into a temporary directory and runs as part of the installation process. (Installers are also far nicer for the end user to deal with, especially if you're releasing the application in an abnormal format like .rar).

The game runs for me, but I already have Visual C++ 2005 and Visual C++ 2008 installed. Anyone with an ATi video card will have the Visual C++ 2005 runtimes installed too, as they're bundled as part of the Catalyst Control Centre.

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

Advertisement
Hmm Beun, thats pretty weird. I am pretty sure it was allredy compiled in release.
However, I recompiled it. Would you be so nice and redownload & test it?
(Same download link)

Benryves: The runtime dll's have already been added to the projects directory. they are:
-microsoft.vc80.crt.manifest
-msvcp80.dll
-msvcm80.dll
-msvcr80.dll
Could it be that I am missing any other VS 2005 runtime libraries?
The reason I do not want to use installers at this point is because the game will simply be early releases (alpha), and by no means the final product. :-/

Thanks guys! :)
Hey, anyone able to redownload & test? I am 95% sure it will work now. Turned out that although I was building the project in release, it was in fact compiling with the debug dll's (msvcp80D.dll, etc). I fixed that up now, and it should now run on computers without Visual Studio. Thank you in advance, for anyone who takes the time to test it! :D
Yes, now it works. Nice game by the way!
Thank you very much for testing it, Beun! :D
Glad you like it! A lot of work has allready been put into it (started learning SDL when working on this project). However, a lot more work is going to be put into it in the near future. :D

Thank you all who helped testing it! Special thanks to the ones who posted up how to fix this error in this thread & the other one! :D

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement