• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

-X-Modena-X-

Textures and Direct3D

This topic is 6344 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I was wondering if anyone could help me out. In my D3D app, I load and display a couple of .x files. I can get teh textures to idsplay corretly, but I can''t get them to move. It is just a simple up and down motion. Anyone able to help me out? The models themselves have no animations, and I really don''t want to animate the models if I don''t have to.

Advertisement
Look up Texture Transformation Matrices in the documentation...

Its somewhere like:

DirectX 8.x ->
DirectX Graphics ->
Programmers Guide ->
Using Direct3D ->
Textures ->
Texture Coordinates ->
Texture Coordinate Processing ->
Texture Coordinate Transforms

and the Special Effects topic on the same path specifically mentions translation/rotation of a texture with its texture matrix.

The path might be slightly different in your documentation though because I''m using a beta version of DirectX 8.1, but the topic location has been pretty similar since DirectX 7

--
Simon O''''Connor
Creative Asylum Ltd
www.creative-asylum.com

Thanks alot. I think I am finally starting to get the hang of D3D. Also i have some textures that are 5000+ x 140 pixels. Can I get around the limitations with the old Voodoo cards? I only need to see 140x140 at a time? Am I better off splitting the texture into multiple small images and changing textures to stimulate them moving?

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!