Textures and Direct3D

Started by
1 comment, last by -X-Modena-X- 22 years, 8 months ago
I was wondering if anyone could help me out. In my D3D app, I load and display a couple of .x files. I can get teh textures to idsplay corretly, but I can''t get them to move. It is just a simple up and down motion. Anyone able to help me out? The models themselves have no animations, and I really don''t want to animate the models if I don''t have to.
Advertisement
Look up Texture Transformation Matrices in the documentation...

Its somewhere like:

DirectX 8.x ->
DirectX Graphics ->
Programmers Guide ->
Using Direct3D ->
Textures ->
Texture Coordinates ->
Texture Coordinate Processing ->
Texture Coordinate Transforms

and the Special Effects topic on the same path specifically mentions translation/rotation of a texture with its texture matrix.

The path might be slightly different in your documentation though because I''m using a beta version of DirectX 8.1, but the topic location has been pretty similar since DirectX 7

--
Simon O''''Connor
Creative Asylum Ltd
www.creative-asylum.com

Simon O'Connor | Technical Director (Newcastle) Lockwood Publishing | LinkedIn | Personal site

Thanks alot. I think I am finally starting to get the hang of D3D. Also i have some textures that are 5000+ x 140 pixels. Can I get around the limitations with the old Voodoo cards? I only need to see 140x140 at a time? Am I better off splitting the texture into multiple small images and changing textures to stimulate them moving?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement