[java] Graphics "Tearing"

Started by
1 comment, last by snowmoon 22 years, 8 months ago
I''m writing a software rendering loop that blits from a backbuffer to the screen and having trouble with tearing. Has anyone else seen/fix this problem using 100% pure java. The only possible solution I have is the use the 1.4 fullscreen API, but that doesn''t work under w2k right now ( b2 ). I''de be helpfull for any suggestions that I have not already tried. I''ve... tried diffrent timing using buffer strategy''s ( windowed ) turing off direct draw drawing really fast ( faster than refresh ) drawing really slow ( 1/2 or 1/3 refresh ) Anyone?
Advertisement
Well in the only frame flipping stuf I have heard on is in JDK1.4 and that's not good for you in win2k....

I have been wanting to solve this myself for a while now and I have not seen anything regarding v-syncing a redraw which is a pain! (so easy 2 do in dos/c/asm)

The only option I can think of is using the JINI and getting DX to help out but that's not 100% pure....

If you get it sorted please let me know as it is something I would certainly like to be able to do!

:-)

Edited by - Chaoslab on July 29, 2001 6:13:38 PM
ujhkfkfk
OK,

I have gotten 1.4 fullscreen working under w2k! It was just a matter of ONLY using javaw and NOT java to start my program. The only odd quirk is that it crashed jedit everytime. I have a feeling that jedit my be to smart for it''s own good and detects resolution changes and tries to re-draw but cannot get any handles.

anyways... yes fullscreen using bufferstrategy''s do prevent tearing.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement