VC++ 6.0 IDE

Started by
6 comments, last by Ziyx 22 years, 8 months ago
Hi, anyone knows why sometimes when using the editor, using the dot operator on an object fails to bring up a list of its members? This has happened a lot of times when the program can compile correctly. Any way to prevent this from happening?
Advertisement
I have no idea how to fix it, but I get this problem too...
it get REALLY annoying...
Anyone have the problem were suddenly the tab and space bars dont work right, but instead the erase your work?
quote:Original post by b0b
Anyone have the problem were suddenly the tab and space bars dont work right, but instead the erase your work?

Is your "Insert" key really close to your backspace key? I have this problem at work all the time. Stupid poorly designed keyboards. haha
You want poorly designed keyboard?
Mine has a POWER button where the PAUSE button usually is, and well you can imagine what happens when I quickly go to pause a game
-----------------------"When I have a problem on an Nvidia, I assume that it is my fault. With anyone else's drivers, I assume it is their fault" - John Carmack
You can usually disable that power button ''feature'' on the keyboard in the bios.
I''ve found that the IDE will almost never display the Intellisense help when you are working in a header file. Sometimes it won''t help you in a program file and it is often because of some coding error. Sometimes, however, it will just stop working... I usually forget about it, or randomly close and open stuff until I forget about it, or it starts working again.
99.9% of the time i don''t get any VC++ help is b/c i''ve either:

a. messed up in the header
b. messed up in the source (i.e. declaring a class function without class:: before it)
c. coded using DirectX (mine never seems to get anything beyond DX4 or whatever version it was that came out of the box with VC++).

"You call him Dr. Grip, doll!"
"You call him Dr. Grip, doll!"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement