Dark Basic and Blitz Basic Strategy !!Urgent!!

Started by
5 comments, last by Pawky 22 years, 8 months ago
How can I go about making a strategy/war game in dark basic or blitz basic. Also are there any toolkits like the rpg toolkit but for creating strategy/war games. Thanks!!!!!
Advertisement
Urgent?

Download some tutorials and samples for either engine, play around with them. Learn the basics until you have an understanding of how the internals of a game work. Then design and plan your game (keep it simple). Then write it.

Quick!!!!! Urgent!!!!! Run and get it written!!!!!!!
---------------------http://www.stodge.net
dirkduck (yes thats me) says:
If you want it 3d then go with Darkbasic, if you want it 2d then go with blitz...Also, go to theyre sites and ask in the forums there. www.darkbasic.com/forum and www.blitzbasement.com i think for blitz...

McDougal...DUCK McDougal
http://www.labino.net
...or, if you actually want to not look like a total amateur, you can stop wasting your time with Dark/Quick Basic and apply your time to something that will get you somewhere, such as learning C or C++....
Trust me on this
[email=erydo@gdnmail.net" style="color: #ff0000; text-decoration:none; cursor:help;](o= erydo =o)[/email]
Actually, now that I think about it, you might want to start learning a language that will get you even further. Like English.

By the way, in case you weren't sure, press
[SHIFT] + / 
to make a question mark (which looks like this '?') and usually are written after a question (hence the name). Also, one exclamation mark is plenty, and in English, they only come after the exclamed statement.

Edited by - cliffhawkens on July 28, 2001 1:55:36 AM
[email=erydo@gdnmail.net" style="color: #ff0000; text-decoration:none; cursor:help;](o= erydo =o)[/email]
Cliff, if you''re going to correct someone on their grammar then at least spell exclaimed properly.
C/C++ is all to difficult for my little brain and basically i really can''t be lumberjacked. I was going to learn OpenGl but that was also too bloody hard. As for learning English, I am trying and getting pretty good but my first language is Japanese, so don''t take the mick!!!!!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement