Post Process help

Started by
0 comments, last by MJP 14 years, 4 months ago
Hello again. I've made some post processing effects in XNA before but I'm not very experienced with them at all, so I need to know some possible techniques or methods I could use with my idea here. I have a simple 3D game now, where everything needs to be blurred if it's a certain amount away from the camera. I would also like the blur factor to be based on the depth (i.e., the farther away a model is from the camera, the blurrier it gets). I'm not looking for specific code, more like suggestions on how to implement this. My original idea was to use the depth buffer and blur based on the depth value at each pixel, and add in the blurred texture as a post process effect. Is this feasible or recommended? Any ideas are welcome!
Advertisement
This technique is commonly referred to as Depth of Field. I have a sample you can look at here. I also have a motion blur sample that you could look at, as well as one for HDR rendering. Together those pretty much encompass your most common post processing techniques.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement