• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Kiranatus

OpenGL GLEW instructions failes on multithread

This topic is 3106 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I have multithreaded OpenGL usage (there is no other way). But there is no problem with it. But in each thread I have load .dll with GLEW instructions. The problem was in usage of those dll functions. When I try to use some of the GLEW intstructions I have exception. Strange because I have call glewInit() after creating OpenGL context. Ok, now I call glewInit() each time. It seems to work now. But this is not a good way (as I think). Can it be solved some how? Or if I choose multithread way - there is no another way? Added: glewInit() does not help. I have exception again. Thanks. [Edited by - Kiranatus on December 22, 2009 2:59:30 AM]

Advertisement
It crashes at different moments of time. I use global crit. section to be sure that only one context active at a time. However it crashes. Crashes and crashes. What I have missed?

Thanks, I will try. Does anyone has an experience in using GLEW with multithreading? What the most wide-spread problem in this?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!