• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
wicked357

Help creating main source template!

This topic is 3134 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok I am sure we have all been here, we have a basis for starting out our applications, but for me I get tired of typing the same open window code each time and adding certain dependencies each time I want to create a window for my application to start off of, I want to know how I can create a template that I can setup. Example I am creating my project I goto file->project->visual c++-> myTemplate Application (now I name it and click ok. Anyone know how to do this in VS2008?

Advertisement
I went through the whole thing twice, created new projects but Export Template isn't highlighted it is grayed out meaning I am not able to click it. Anyone know what is the problem here?

With VS2008 (and prior editions), the Export Template operation is only available for .NET projects. For C++, you have to create a Custom Wizard (Visual C++ --> General when creating a new project). This will change with VS2010 AFAIK.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!