how to make lib files

Started by
1 comment, last by didilabu2 22 years, 8 months ago
Can you make lib files with VC++ 6.0. If so how? Thanks
Advertisement
Yes, you can, but I''ve never had much luck with them (thought then again, I had no idea exactly what I was doing). Create a new project, but instead of making a new Win32 application or the like, it''ll be a Static Library if I have my names right. From there, it''s just a matter of compiling your files together.

~ Dragonus
Yes, you can make lib''s and dll''s with VC6.0. I don''t know too much about creating just a static library (lib), but if you are creating a dll, then any functions that you want to use outside of the library have to be exported, either through the use of a .def file, or by __declspec(dllexport). I would assume that it would be the same for static libs as well, since the only real difference between dynamic libs, and static libs is that static libs are actually linked into the exe, and dynamic libs are separate files that are loaded on execution. Dynamic libs can even be loaded on the fly via LoadLibrary() allowing teh ability to create plugins. Then you link to the newly created library like any other library.

J.W.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement