Newbie's OpenGL music demo

Started by
16 comments, last by TerraX 22 years, 8 months ago
Hi fellow openGL loverz! I'm a newbie to not only OpenGL but also C, I've been programming for about err, 3 months or so and have just finished my first OpenGL music demo type thingy Just thought I'd post this info here to see if any of ya wanna download it and tell me if it sux or not! Special Thanks to ShiningKnight for showing me how how to place shortcuts to sites, here's where ya have to go.... DavesProgramming.cjb.net (It's in the completed projects section and it's called Darkside) Oh and please be nice, it's my first project Edited by - TerraX on July 28, 2001 6:29:47 AM
Advertisement
I can't check out the demo... Away from all good dev tools, and my parents hate stuff on their computer from me....

Anyhoo, just fyi to post a link for a site do this:

(A HREF= "site url") My Site! (/A)

replace the parenthesis with < and >

------------------------------
Trent (ShiningKnight)
E-mail me
OpenGL Game Programming Tutorials

Edited by - ShiningKnight on July 27, 2001 9:23:12 PM
Pretty cool! Good effects, nice music... looks very professional.

But... hey, kid! You''re lying! Unless you only use the "copy and paste code" method, its absolutely impossible that you can achieve such an application after only 3 month of C++ programming, unless you''re the next John Carmack

Come on, and tell the truth.

Regards,

Cristián Ramírez (gameovercl)
ICQ #38991565
Viña del Mar
CHILE
Nice work.., very nice indeed for 3 months.
You never programmed either C or Opengl.., but are you new to programming ? You never programmed in your life, or do you have any experience with some other language ?

Try to post the demo to cfxweb, the guys love to see all kinds of demos.

Bruno

Edited by - Bruno on July 28, 2001 3:35:20 AM
Bruno & Gameovercl..... U say it''s imposible to do what I have done with just 3 months experience of c? It isn''t opbviously
That''s probably ''cause I''ve been programming since I was 15 (Now at the ripe old age of 23) on various languages, starting with the Amiga (AMOS basic, LOL!) then pascal and more recently (About a month or two, just before starting to learn C) DarkBasic.

I have posted the source code to ''The DarkSide'' and when looking at it, U will notice that I have indeed used other peoples code to load in files from RAR achieves and also used the almighty NeHe basecode (That windows code hurts my little brain!) I have also yet to grasp the concept of classes and various other C++ related topics, all my code is simple.
Finally, NeHe''s wonderfull site has enabled me to learn everything that was required to make that demo, without this site I would probably just about getting past the drawing of a triangle by now

Oh almost forgot!!!
Thanx for downloading my little baby
The above ap was me
And I wanted to edit it but can''t so I''ll just add corrections here...
I say I''ve been programming since 15.. I have, but it''s been an on and off affair.

Also, I really like the way gameovercl stated that it looks professional, I didn''t think it was, but hey!! Cheerz

Hey... hold on your horses!!!

I didn''t told that i didn''t believe in you!!
I just asked if you had any programming background, nothing else!
I see you have, so, it''s not that hard to make what you did in 3 months
and it looks professional, no matter what you say

nice work,

Bruno
I liked how you synced the music to the demo so well. that added a lot of feeling to the demo. nice job.

------------------------------------------------
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

HHSDrum@yahoo.com
Polarisoft Home Page
My HomepageSome shoot to kill, others shoot to mame. I say clear the chamber and let the lord decide. - Reno 911
Sorry about that Bruno, got you confused with gameovercl
WOW! This demo totally blew me away TerraX!
I really liked it, just wanted to give you some response

Kenneth Wilhelmsen
--------------------------
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has
been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice. This
disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, senseless
brutality, deplorable love-of-country stance, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action! It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement