Sign in to follow this  
Chibi-chan

Hello, newbie looking for some mentoring

(( SORRY IF THIS IS IN THE WRONG SECTION D: )) Hello people, first of all I must say this website is pretty awesome. I'm pretty much new at game development, I love the idea of creation, of creating a world putting passion in it, passion to express, to communicate feelings or ideas, to make people feel fun, joy, excitement, sadness, sorrow, relieve, ANYTHING. to wow people. alright, by mentoring, You obviously know what I mean, since I'm pretty much new at this I would like to know the basic steps this puppet needs to give to get into game development, I don't want anything commercial, I don't want to win money, I don't want anything like that YET, first I must be sure of the skills I can have and If I can give to people what I want to give. So, anything could do the job, Tutorials, Videos, Ebooks, ETC. Also, I would like to know what would be the most practical programming language for a newbie like me (I have been doing a bit of research :3), what would be the best way to study it and things like those. Since... I like to draw but.. I'm not that good at it, I think I'll go to the coding. I think... I think I'm creative... at writing... but not enough to draw what I think ._. Oh and if someone would like to be my mentor, I would be.. REALLY grateful ;D but as I said, I will try to self teach me, althought I really don't have the patience to do it myself T-T ... I suck I know... xD thanks for your time in advance :D

If your a girl (Chibi-chan), I'll help you. xD lol jk

But yeh, if you really want to go with game developement as a programmer I suggest c# + XNA or python. They're both user friendly and you can get some fairly quick results. However if your an idiot like me and likes to do things the hard way, check out c++

As for mentoring, I find that google is my best mentor. And of course, this site :D

Quote:
Original post by Tom Sloper
Why don't you start by reading the forum FAQ?

Oh, that worked a lot, thanks Tom!, and sorry that I didn't took a look before, I was tired yesterday and had to sleep :3

Quote:
Original post by buggy123
If your a girl (Chibi-chan), I'll help you. xD lol jk

Haha, well I'm not a girl, the story behind this nickname is very funny actually, but no, not a girl, anyways, thanks for the help

okay after a bit of analysis, I think I'll probably be going with c# because c++ will probably be too hard for me. Again, Thank you both