Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkOps

Exporting a .3ds to .x

DarkOps    122
I tried searching for my question but couldn''t find it.. Ok I create a very simple sword handle in 3ds max r3 like so.. *** *** * * * * ************* ************* 88 88 88 88 0000 0000 Now each character is a different object which I tied together with the group option. I then exported it to a .3ds file and then used conv3ds on it. When I try displaying it in some of the sample DX8 programs that can load .x files it is really screwed ip. For instance the 88 part is not attached to the 00 part but it appears to be in 3ds max, and the ** is way off in it''s own part of the world no where near the 88 and 00 part''s.. I tried using the -m for conv3ds to produce a single mess and I get the same prob.. Any ideas? BTW this is the first time using 3ds so I dont know many of the techniques.. ------ Andrew T. Finnell Software Engineer e-Security Inc.

Someone Else    122
Try placing all the pivots in the same position and align them all to the world axis. I''ve done some exporting doing that and the positions of the objects turn out fine for most exports (some are still not working properly though).