• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
hl1202

Light Projection Matrix

This topic is 3275 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a question on Light Projection Matrix, the question is based on the "Shadow Mapping" Demo of Microsoft DirectX SDK In this Demo, they create a g_LCamera, the Camera of the Light My question is : What does the g_LCamera.GetProjMatrix() mean? Because when they render The Shadow map (Under the Light view point), it comes to the Projection Matrix. I think they should use the matrix of g_LCamera.GetProjMatrix(). But they didn't. They use a g_mShadowProj matrix which was initialized before D3DXMatrixPerspectiveFovLH ( &g_mShadowProj, g_fLightFov, 1, 0.01f, 100.0f); ============================================== So why don't they use the g_LCamera. It is the Camera of the Light, and i think the g_LCamera.GetProjMatrix() is the Projection matrix?

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!