Most amazing game idee

Started by
26 comments, last by _the_phantom_ 14 years, 3 months ago
It's a reflex we have ("we"-I'm only here for half a year, so I am a newbie too), because a lot of guys, who have post the same kind of topic with the same manner turned out to be a troll/idiot/moron quite fast.
I guess you are not the kind of guy, but the lack of spell checking (Why not using firefox?) seems a very familiar behavior.

You have to think about your style, and check some posts of some newbie members (it's easy to find them in the beginner forum, click on names to see their profiles and posting history), and you will see, these kinds of responses are rare, so it has to do something with your style.

To the OP. Life if like that: No one will join a newbie, even if he claims to have the best idea ever, if he doesn't tell anything about his idea.
Advertisement
LOL! il give firefox a try, but not goin into that now.

Im sorry all, I gess I can understand why you people are a bit rude to noobs, thats also a problem with i think every forum, getting the same question every day or so.

Im asking just to understand, that im so scared to tell this idea, cause 1 great one has been stolen from me once, and i dont want lose this one. I know i must tell this idea on the forum. I gess i must tell you a little bit of sometin.

This game will revole around making money, regestered users wil also make there own money aswell as the creators, and i am talking about real money, ive been working on this a long time, writing everyting down, how the game should work and so, and making money on this game wil be the most easyiest way to make money online, I know it wil mabe start off slow, but it will speed up fast as the word will be spread by the registered users users.

This is not one of those monemaking schemes, this is actualy a game. And it will be so f..cking easy making money.

Where is all this money that everyone is going to make going to come from? Your company?

Again, sounds like something straight out of an infomercial
This sounds to me like some games that are already in existence. I can't think of the names of the games, but I've come across a few where you create your own unique items and other stuff in game and own a little shop where you can sell off your creations to other players for real money. I'll post a link to what I'm talking about if I can find them again.
Feel free to google it, i did aswell, i googled alot, and i know there is games where u can play to make money, but thats all crap.

Please, at least trust me when i say, that i did do my do my homework on this. There`s a first time for everyting.
Nobody is going to trust you (nor should they), because you have no credibility. I hope you realize this

Lots of people come on here with "the best game idea ever" and can't talk about it because "someone will steal it !!!". If it's SO easy to make boatloads of cash off of this idea just by knowing what it is, then you wouldn't be having such difficulty turning it into reality. I've never seen a single one of these turn into anything at all, and there's zero traction on being able to recruit anyone at all without being open in your ideas.

Ideas are pretty worthless - everyone has tons of ideas. It's really the competence of the team and the quality of the implementation that is potentially worth anything at all.
I found one of them. There's a game called Entropia where users buy in game currency with real money which is then exchanged for goods and services online: "Entropia Universe is a massively multiplayer online virtual universe designed by Swedish software company MindArk, based in Gothenburg. In contrast to other similar MMORPGs, MindArk's software is distributed free of charge with no subscription fees. The developers instead have decided to use a variant of the micropayment economic model, which consists of buying in-game currency (PED - Project Entropia Dollars) with real money that can be redeemed back into real world funds at a fixed exchange rate with the US dollar, where 10 PED = $1 USD. This means that virtual items acquired within Entropia Universe have a real cash value, and a participant may, at any time, initiate a withdrawal of their accumulated PEDs back into real world currencies according to the fixed exchange rate, minus transaction fees, the minimum amount for a withdrawal is 1000 PED. As a result, revenue of the business is largely generated from activities within the virtual universe. The revenue model has historically proven to be sustainable and is currently profitable" (Wikipedia).
Obligatory reading:
Tom Slopers lessons 1, 11, 31 and 43.

Have fun!
Hey Codeline,
I am sincerly sorry on what kind of reaction you are getting from these people. It is nothing personal, and I will do my best to summarise why they are acting like this:

-There are already (and have always been) lots of threads about a random person, who has not yet earned credability, having 'the worlds best game idea' that is going to make 'millions of $$$'. Although your idea may really be the best there is, no one on this forum will simply be joining because of that. This comes from past experience - there have been projects just like yours, the people got together, began working on it, and after 2 weeks, the thread starter and 'leader' dropped the project. In turn, everyone learnt a lesson: Only join projects that someone created that
a) seem doable
b) Has a good leader that will always support the team, no matter what
c) Is profitable to the programmer

-MMORPGS. Trust me, every single user on this forum is sick and tired of them: They are extremly difficult to make, you need a large team, and in the end, they are just worthless. I think there is a single MMORPG that started out of this forum that made it past the 'alpha' stage (Ie a very very early Build) and that is the MMO 'Infinity'. All the other hundred MMO's have allready been dropped.

-Idea Men. This may not mean anything to you yet, but trust me, an 'Idea Man' alone is basically worthless in this place. Every single programmer/graphics artist/moddeler/texture artist/game musician has ideas of their own. Why would they choose your idea over theirs? They have allready worked in the field of GameDevelopment, and know how everything works. Thus they (usually) make better project managers since they will most liekly have realistic goals.

-Your english. I am sincerly sorry if this offends you, as in no way I want to cause any. However, the spelling errors in your post make you look unproffesional, which in turn turns of most programmers. The reason is that it looks like your are doing a 'half-assed job' - ie, it makes you look like you would drop the project in the first few weeks simply because you don't care much about it. I am not saying that you would, but it is simply the impression the post gives off. Being from a non-english speaking country is no excuse for that, I am sorry to say. I for one come from a german speaking country, so I know how hard it can be to learn english. Good luck with learning/spellchecking! :-)

-Lastly, I personally belive that you are underestimating the amount of work that is needed to make a game, especially an MMO. Just as an example, on a AAA title such as Halo 3/World of Warcraft, there are over 200 people working on it for Over 4 years. Not to mention that they are very well payed. On the other hand, you are asking people on this forum to make an equivelant of WoW (not gameplay wise, but work wise) for no pay.

I hope this gives you a general idea of why no one is going to take you seriously/no one is going to join your project (yet). Once again, I am deeply sorry if this offends you, but I am just doing my best to be honest here. Especially, since you can then improve on those parts.

So lastly, here are some things that you should do if you want people to take you serisouly:
-Fix the spelling mistakes in your above post.
-Give a detailed idea of your project. I do understand your concern about having your idea stolen, but it is best to give a rough outling of what your game is about. Otherwise, I gurantee you will not get a single person to join your game. As an example, I wrote this:

~~~~~~
Hey fellow game developers,
my game idea is similar to the game Defcon (click), featuring a 2d top down view of the world similar to the 'Big Boards' seen in films like Dr. Strangelove and WarGames. The music featured will most likely be an ambient millitary style loop, around 10 minutes in length. However, this may be changed be request of the music creator.
-The techenologys used for the game will be Flash. IF enough reqests by potential programmers are made, we may change it to MS Silverlight.
Thank you very much for your time. :-)
~~~~~~

-Get a basic idea in Game development. I'd recommend you do some simple programming, i.e. C/C++, Python with Pygames, C# with XNA. Make a 'guess the number game'. I can hear you laughing from here. "Guess the number game, why would anyone care about that???". In truth, half the aspiring game developers can't get up to that point. And then you can say you have some experience in programming, thus have more credability, and thus have a much higher chance of actually getting people to join your team. :-)

I could go on, but I better stop now. Hope this will help you out, and anyone else who wants to start their own team.

Lastly: Read and follow the Mandatory Posting template!! ;-)
Is this game going to include a random number generator?
Will people from Canada be allowed to play?

Guess which criminal offense you will be committing.

But, you've done the homework, right. You're fully clear on gambling and financial regulations, as they apply to all countries from which your service will be accessible. And you have legal papers written, and you are insured. Right?

Quote:Please, at least trust me when i say, that i did do my do my homework on this. There`s a first time for everyting.

Hey, it worked for Madoff.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement