Most amazing game idee

Started by
26 comments, last by _the_phantom_ 14 years, 3 months ago
Dear reader This is my first post, so please bare with me. Im no way near to program my own game, but i recently came up with one hell of a great idee of an online game, kinda like www.evony.com, not at all the same like evony, but my game must also be online multiplayer like evony. Now, to my big problem, where can i get programmers to help me with this game, i cant tell you what the game is all about, cause im afraid of someone stealing this idee, sorry, but there is just some people out there like this. Id be willing to share profits from this, like a 50-50 thing, goin into this like partners, i already have the whole game layed out, everything how this game must be played and so. I can almost garuntee that this will be the most played game in the world, and the money that we will make will be alot, and i will garuntee that 95% of the people that registers with this game wil pay to play this game. There is no such online game in the world, none. i have searched & alot of rechearced was put into this game, but there is none like this game. If anyone is interested in becoming a partner, please reply, then we can discuss the rest on this post, & later contacting each other. I dont know how evony is programmed, on Flash ore sometin, but my game must work like evony, if you get what im asking for. so register with evony, play it, (kinda very nice game, my name on evony is Zooknak) and look around. Dont get me wrong, my game is no where near evony`s, meaning, im not stealing idieas from evony. Please, if you can help me, this wil be a very big sucess game in the world. Regards Codeline
Advertisement
IGTT 9/10
"It's like naming him Asskicker Monstertrucktits O'Ninja" -Khaiy

Quote:Original post by Codeline
Now, to my big problem, where can i get programmers to help me with this game,

Pay them. Since you "can almost garuntee that this will be the most played game in the world, and the money that we will make will be alot" (sic) you would be crazy to give 50% of that money to a programmer (I'm still wondering where the art, music and sound are going to come from since you've already promised away 100% of your money, but never mind ) when you could hire one for a few thousand, and keep all the "alot"(sic) of money to yourself.

Little things like not sharing your idea (always a sign that the poster has no experience) not having any marketable skills, believing that ideas have value, and not knowing how games are made will cease to be an issue if you're paying people and with all the things you can "almost guarantee", you have almost nothing to lose.
It's like a checklist of every single beginner's error. I smell a troll. No-one is this much of an archetype...

Dear Sybixsus

I would like to thank your for your reply.

First, let me answer all your comments since it doesnt seem that you have understood me very well.

Sybixsus:
Pay them. Since you "can almost garuntee that this will be the most played game in the world, and the money that we will make will be alot" (sic) you would be crazy to give 50% of that money to a programmer.

when you could hire one for a few thousand, and keep all the "alot"(sic) of money to yourself.

Codeline:
Well, i would like to pay them, the reason for me giving away shares is, i just dont beleave "keeping all your eggs in one basket"

Where i live, i already have my own Company, and well, i have 2 partners, its much easyer to combide brains than to do it all by yourself. Thats one problem in this world, everyone thinks only about themself.

Sybixsus:
(I'm still wondering where the art, music and sound are going to come from since you've already promised away 100% of your money, but never mind )

Codeline:
mmmmm, thanks for letting me know there should be art, music and sound in the game, i may not know much, but whow! i could have never thought of that. Damm! Sybixsus! you realy know what ur talking about.

Like i said, this is a idea i have, MEANING, this game has not even one line of code or whatever a game needs, like i also said, i need someone to make this game for me. Sybixsus, dont read to fast now, looks like u missed a few of my sentances.

Sybixsus:
Little things like not sharing your idea (always a sign that the poster has no experience)

Codeline:
While im replying to your comment on my post, i just cant come over the fact that the sentance in my first post. ( third row on the top ) "Im no way near to program my own game," how could that not be more clear that i dont know anyting about developing any game what so ever. realy Sybixsus, an 8 year old just starting to read could have told you that i cant make a game, cause THATS WHAT I SAID!

Sybixsus:
Little things like not sharing your idea

Codeline:
ish! its little things like telling your idia on the internet, u know, "world whide web" that big place that any person in the world can work, play, read, and so on. Giving a great idea away like that is just wrong, i mean,

Like i SAID again, "i cant tell you what the game is all about, cause im afraid of someone stealing this idee, sorry, but there is just some people out there like this."

how about reading it again, my reason for not gonna post my idea on this forum, i had sometime ago a brilliant advertising idea, i walked to just someone i know by name, which had a few bucks, telling him this, and gess what, a month after that he did it, not including me in any way. So!!

Like i also SAID! "If anyone is interested in becoming a partner, please reply, then we can discuss the rest on this post, & later contacting each other."

Cant u see the, "then we can discuss the rest on this post, & later contacting each other."

That means, if someone is interested, then we can talk about this game over email or sometin. i realy dont know how to make that sentance any more clearer.

Sybixsus, im realy not trying to be rude in any way, if my post has offended you, well im sorry.

Im just a guy, looking to make a great game, needing the help of people with the right skills.

I mean, thats what i asked for in my post, and you, well, why you told me all that, i dont know, your comment is just unusfull info to my brain.

I want to put heads together on this game, and i just cant do it alone, i dont want to be the only owner on this.

Why, if you dont want to help me, did you comment, if you can make a game or not? I dont want tho hear this and that wont work or whatever, if i get, lets say, 20 persons in this game, working togheter, everyone with his/her own skills, togheter we will put some great ideas together, and sort out all the problems.

so Sybixsus, i cant tell you please dont reply cause your wasting my time, but, if you dont want part of this, stay away please.

It been great talking to you. And have a blessed festive season, mabe sometime we will find sometin to help each other. good luck!!!

This guy is a complete idiot. Or 8 year old.
but fun to read :P
Step 1: Get Firefox. It has a spell checker built in, which will get you half way towards actual, legible forum posts.

Step 2: Browse the forums a little. This sort of thing comes up often, and meets the same sort of reply. sybixsus summarized the basics well, but if you had anywhere the business experience you claim, then you'd realize that a great idea is nothing at all like a great product. Hopefully you'll also see our general responses toward people who have poorly formatted forum posts, or profess to have some nebulous 'great idea' that is somehow better than the millions that game programmers already have.

how about not telling me im a newbie? Cause i am, i dont want to program a game, im just looking for a programmer.

Thats basicaly what i asked for, not to be told i cant spell, well, English is just not what im good at.

Do you people just post shit like that than to actualy help newbies? Thats what forums is all about, helping someone else, talking about the topic. Me just posting asking for a programer, just led to you all criticising me.

Quote:Original post by sybixsus
believing that ideas have value

Well some of them do, unfortunately. Which is why we have such blights on humanity as software patents and business method patents.

Anyway, OP, why don't you check out Construct or GameMaker, or the flash equivalent whatever it is? As others have said, nobody is going to help you based on this post, but maybe if you work out a prototype you could attract someone to help.

How do you expect to attract talent when you sound like a cheap infomercial? Just being honest here...

If you want to attract a team, you have to share your ideas. Very few (if any) people will jump on the "it's going to be the highest selling game evar", and certainly not the talent that you'll need to actually pull something like this off.

Plus, saying things like "and i will garuntee that 95% of the people that registers with this game wil pay to play this game" is obviously ignorant BS, there's no possible way you can guarantee this.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement