}
	void matRotateZ(float _a)
	{
		m[0] = cos(_a);
		m[1] = sin(_a);
		m[4] = -sin(_a);
		m[5] = cos(_a);
	}

This are my functions that rotate my custom matrix class. If i rotate a quad for example, by the Z axis, it will rotate from the top left corner of the quad.How can i modify these functions so i can set the rotation center?

All rotations occur about (0, 0, 0). If you want to do a rotation about some other pivot then you must first make that point (0, 0, 0).

If the "center" of your quad is say (1, 1) and we want to rotate about it you first make (1, 1) to be (0, 0) by translating by -center. Then you apply your rotation and then you put it back into place by translating +center.

If your using matrices then it would be somehting like this:

Matrix preTranslation = LoadTranslation(-center.x, -center.y);
Matrix rotation = LoadRotation(axis/angle);
Matrix postTranslation = LoadTranslation(center.x, center.y)

Matrix final = postTranslation*rotation*preTranslation;

I have a somewhat optimised method here for doing rotation about a point. What you do is make your rotation matrix (called r in this method) and give it a point

void Matrix4x4::LoadRotationAboutPoint(const Matrix4x4 &r, const Vector &p)
{
_1_1 = r._1_1; _1_2 = r._1_2; _1_3 = r._1_3; _1_4 = p.x - r._1_1*p.x - r._1_2*p.y - r._1_3*p.z;
_2_1 = r._2_1; _2_2 = r._2_2; _2_3 = r._2_3; _2_4 = p.y - r._2_1*p.x - r._2_2*p.y - r._2_3*p.z;
_3_1 = r._3_1; _3_2 = r._3_2; _3_3 = r._3_3; _3_4 = p.z - r._3_1*p.x - r._3_2*p.y - r._3_3*p.z;
_4_1 = 0; _4_2 = 0; _4_3 = 0; _4_4 = 1;
}

Quote:
Original post by xilup
*** Source Snippet Removed ***

This are my functions that rotate my custom matrix class.

You're math for this doesn't match up with your words. If you started with an Identity matrix, these functions would create rotation matrices. But by no means does calling "matRotateY" on a matrix rotate it around the Y axis. Simple example: call it twice rotating by 180 degrees and it won't have come full circle, it will still be rotated only 180 degrees total. Is that a mistake in the code or in your wording of the post?

Either way, I'd find it much more reasonable to have "named constructors", or static class functions which when called create and return a new matrix which has the desired property. Eg: CreateRotateY(float alpha) returns a rotation matrix which rotates alpha radians around the Y axis.

As for your actual question, unless I'm mistaken you can't have a matrix representing that transformation. Matrices can only represent affine transformations, and the desired transformation isn't affine. (It's translate, then rotate (a linear transform), then translate, while affine must be a linear transform then a translation.) But I could be wrong, since Nanoha's response seems right too.

Edit: I do think I'm wrong now. If we use a 4x4 matrix, we aren't just representing affine transformations, but any 4-dimension linear transform (which includes 3-dimension affine transforms) and so we can compose them as we can with any linear transforms. Okay, that was perhaps over thought.