Game Trainer Programming

Started by
17 comments, last by Prozak 22 years, 8 months ago
Some of you might know what a trainer is. A trainer is a program that run concurrently with a target process, and reads or writes to its memmory with the purpose, for example in a game, to increase health or the number of lives. Question: In Windows 2000 its not that easy to use writeprocessmemory because it has special mechanism that just dont allow it. How to go arround this? (yes, I know this is a very technical question) Hugo Ferreira UniteK Future LV-426 Model 1010 - "Ash" [eot]
Advertisement
why don''t you just call them what they are? Hacks or cheats are the normal names. Your only goal is to ruin a game for all the people that play it, admit it.
It´s only bad if they are multiplayer cheats !
-------------Ban KalvinB !
Of all the people to ask, you ask Game Programmers...
I find that rather amusing. We are probably the people least likely to answer your question. Even if we only are aspiring game programmers, why would we want to help you ruin games for others? Our success now or in the future is partially based on this not happening. I say you should probably forget about this idea of making hacks if you want to stay of this site. Which is, by the way, called GameDev.net.
single player hackers can just hack data files, they have no need to read or write memory.
ok did not know that.

YOU ARE A BAD BOY PENTIUM3ID !!!
...uh.... who said i''m using it on games?
i''m using it with a robotic program that was compiled
ages ago and i need to alter values in real-time.

To do this i will have to write to the program''s memmory pool.
All would be easy, if it werent (for those pesky kids?) windows 2000'' policy.

thanx all for no help at all!

Hugo Ferreira
UniteK Future
LV-426 Model 1010 - "Ash" [eot]
The title of this post suggested it...
I must say - I am surprised at the responses to this thread. Most have made the point "Cheating is BAAAADDDD!"

But apparently, even such professional designers in the game developement realm, have the unfortunate tendancy to put cheats in games.

I can see from the designers perspective that they don''t want their technology "hacked" and yes from that point i agree it is wrong.

But to blatantly flame pentium3id in such a manner is a bit cruel.

(...and just for the record, I have typed "idkfa" in doom)
no mister hermit you do not understand. Using singleplayer cheats is entirely different than using multiplayer cheats. This pentium fellow is a very bad person and ideally should be in jail, because he intends to commit a deed to destroy the value of a product. I don''t buy his robot excuse either, and if he is telling the truth now he should have told it earlier. Plus even if he is telling the truth this is the wrong place to ask, because this is a public forum and other hackers could read the responses.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement