Hello GD Community!

Started by
3 comments, last by lakmir0 14 years, 3 months ago
I would like to say hello to the GD community and introduce myself. My name is Matthew W. Phillips and I develop mainly RPG/Adeventure games. I joined this community because I've read a lot of the articles here and it's good stuff. I have a shareware company called "MP-Shareware" and I've made a handful of games thus far but can always learn more. Moreover, I love to discuss programming techniques but have very few people to discuss with. I look forward to interacting with all of you. Thanks, Matthew W. Phillips http://www.mpshareware.com
Advertisement
Hello Matthew!

Neat games you have! Congrats on releasing all of them.

I'm wondering why you used live action for your games. Is it just something you like doing?
It mainly started when I did some things in the film industry. I got accustomed to mixing live action with computer rendered and that sortof stuck with me. Also, it is easier to do when you have a small crew than going through the traditional methods. I guess it all comes down to a matter of preference balanced with what you're working with.
Quote:Original post by lakmir0
It mainly started when I did some things in the film industry. I got accustomed to mixing live action with computer rendered and that sortof stuck with me. Also, it is easier to do when you have a small crew than going through the traditional methods. I guess it all comes down to a matter of preference balanced with what you're working with.

Aah, I see.

Well, video games tend to use pixels or computer graphics these days. I would suspect that it'd be better to familiarize yourself with video game art.

As a side note, did you direct any movies?
Yeah, i have directed some shorts and whatnot. As far as what "the industry does" when has anyone in this industry even did what was status quo? lol Sorry for the cynicism but it really comes down to what a developer wants to do. And you'd be surprised how many 3D programs actually take real live shots and map the textures to primitives. Even if some things "appear as computer art" they are probably just live shots with an exaggerated image curve. This technique is nothing new either. Westwood studios was using it back in the 90s and blowing people away with their graphics.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement