Link Swaps

Started by
12 comments, last by cliffski 22 years, 8 months ago
Here I am again asking if anyone is interested in swapping links to their indie game sites. I am about to put together a links page for my site and will be wanting a dozen or so other developers on there, with brief descriptions and screenshots of their games. Obviously the idea is that all the sites I link to also have a links page of some kind, with links to my site and my games in return. An idea of how it might look is here: www.cliffharris.demon.co.uk Please email if: a)You have finished games b)There is a payment system in place so people can buy them c)You have a real domain, not a geocities/yahoo etc free website Hopefully we can get a decent number of links going and boost sales for all of us Cheers http://www.positech.co.uk
Advertisement
just a detail about the name, people relate the Z in gamez to wareZ... would that be better or worse?
Did I miss something?

What the hell are you talking about Anon poster?
Wrong topic or something?

Sorry if I made a mistake btw but that didn''t make any sense too me...

Philip Lutas
CEO of Optical Realities
Philip LutasMy site of randomness
lutas, goto www.cliffharris.demon.co.uk

Actually anon is right. The sight might get more hits from search engines, but I doubt anyone would want people searching for gamez on their site.
How is Yahoo or Geocities different from using your ISP?

It''s a good idea. I just think your requirements are a little off. I don''t think it really matters that someone isn''t forking money over to own a domain. It''s the game that matters.

Ben

Jump Down The Rabbithole
Wrong Kalvin. Its the amount of times you sold your games = the number of customers you have that matters in this case.

@all: What do you moan about a name. Neither the site design nor the name need to be kept forever. Its a first concept and a very cool one.

Count me in Cliffski.

Edited by - Jester101 on July 29, 2001 5:33:45 AM

My companies website: www.nielsbauergames.com

quote:Original post by KalvinB
How is Yahoo or Geocities different from using your ISP?

It''s a good idea. I just think your requirements are a little off. I don''t think it really matters that someone isn''t forking money over to own a domain. It''s the game that matters.

If they have a proper game, only a true domain name will give the right image surely?

Anyway, on that side of things, I will most likely be aquiring a reselling package (to host unlim domains, prob not to sell) and I''ll be able to host anyones domains for a small fee/month or maybe banners? - If anyone is interested, just send me a mail -> lutas@opticalrealities.com or icq me...

Philip Lutas
CEO of Optical Realities
Philip LutasMy site of randomness
We don''t want to test all games to sort out...

My companies website: www.nielsbauergames.com

As was said earlier this is just a trial site, the actual links pahge would probbaly just be called Links or ''MoreGames'' as it would be effectivly another page on my site (and anyone else who wished to join). I think this is better than a list of banners or text links lkike most of us have.

Having a real domain name does imply a more professional product, one that wont take your money then go belly-up with no tech support, and also means its less likely to be a dead link (which looks bad). As has been mentioned, domain names are very cheap and well worth it.
Any other takers? Surely some of you could do with some more website hits? I am averaging 120 visitors a day on my site...

http://www.positech.co.uk
Just mentioning the first page is live at www.positech.co.uk/links.html

http://www.positech.co.uk

Edited by - cliffski on July 29, 2001 11:39:50 AM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement